upcycled

I think upcycled is what we’re calling it these days. Take something you no longer use and change it into something else. I thought I’d give it a whirl.

sweater post

I’d already cut one sleeve off of my no-longer-worn sweater before I thought to take a picture.

Sweater outfit

Zip zap and I’d made my sweater into a pair of leg warmers (from the sleeves), a skirt (from the waist section), and a scarf (from the top sleeves, because that’s where the purple stripe was) for Sage. I sent her mama this picture and asked if Sage might pose in it for a picture.

untitled-2079

I got more than I asked for. Sage wore her new outfit to our annual Christmas time breakfast (usually at the Benson in Portland, this year at the local Allison resort).

untitled-2074

untitled-

What a bunch!

9 Responses to upcycled

1. I love this idea! This turned out adorable and I love the idea of reusing, I mean, upcycling, a sweater. Thanks for sharing. Cute model! ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m so proud of you! This is so imaginative and chic! You go girl!

3. Miriam says:

That is SO wonderful! Good job and thanks for sharing the inspiration!

4. Pam MacDonald says:

I am so impressed!! I didn’t realize you were so crafty! Great job…lucky Sage!

LU

Pam

5. Mary Austin says:

So adorable ๐Ÿ™‚ You are so clever with new ideas :))
    I hardly ever buy anything new, used/recycle is GOOD!
    But I must say, I don’t think I would have ever discovered such a clever outcome with a sweater. I’m not quite that motivated.
    Ha ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Jo Helsabeck says:

Oh, Sherry, you continue to delight me with your creativity and sense of fun. Thank you! (You have a multitude of career options available to you!

7. Pingback: Going Backwards | SHIFT

8. Melanie says:

Absolutely adorable! ….and so creative.

9. Pingback: repeat | Mauri and Sherry