65!

Happy65B-day.jpg

Trust me. I couldn’t have missed this birthday if I tried. For months now Medicare supplement insurance companies (and funeral plan offers) have filled my mailbox with “helpful” information about their services. Since I’m blessed with a job I love, I don’t plan to start taking social security until my full retirement age, which is 66, because that’s when I’m allowed to work and take SS. Of course I’m fully aware the powers that be could change the retirement age before then. It’s being discussed.

For now, I’m going to celebrate turning 65! Others pay special attention to the birthdays that end with zero, but for me, this is the only marker worth noting. I’m going to love being 65. I’m going to take advantage of every advantage offered me—even Medicare. My card is on its way.

This entry was posted in this and that. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to 65!

1. Walt says:

Congratulations, Sherry! It’s a big milestone, but personally I find it hard to believe you were doing any more than 55. Happy Birthday!

2. Eric Muhr says:

This post has inspired me to start planning ahead. I will be looking for similarly perfect cards for my own upcoming birthdays. Love it!

You go, girl!!!

4. Judy says:

I love your enthusiasm for this milestone! I’m trying to look forward to my turn next month…

5. Gloria says:

It’s a great age ,and it only gets better!

6. Leane says:

Hi Sherry–

Congratulations on the belated birthday! I may have been in Honduras (Short Term Mission) as you turned 65. I get reminded on quite a regular basis of my faux pas with Mauri before I married Bart and I was surprised how quickly the years were coming and Bart is the same age as Mauri. The shoe in the mouth has tasted salty for 31 years now. 🙂 Everytime the subject comes up we all have a great laugh. May your days be full of laughter and joy, but that I’m sure of because I know that’s the way you approach life. We can choose our attitudes, and I love your choice.

Love and Laughter to you all,

Leane