ethiopia, here we come

I could barely sing “God loves people more than anything” in worship this morning. I can’t begin to comprehend the full meaning of this truth, so my occasional glimpses catch me off guard. As we sang those words, I could think only of these two precious children we have yet to meet but already love.

But meet them we will! Early Wednesday morning I’ll connect with the five Andersons in Los Angeles and board a plane to Dubai, arriving 16 hours later. After two days of looking around and getting our clocks adjusted, we’ll head down to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, where Addison Serkalem and Paul Toshe wait.

It’ll take Dusty and Quinn three days to finish the last steps of the adoption, and by Wednesday afternoon we’ll be heading back—two children richer.

I hope to find Internet hookups for blogging along the way, so if you’re curious, come back from time to time to see how it’s going. And as God lays us on your heart, you could pray for our travels and also for the transition and adjustment for the entire Anderson family.

10 Responses to ethiopia, here we come

Enwadashalan….(I think this means God bless you in Amaharic!)

You will be within driving distance of our dear friends Boko, Werku and Esayas who live in Dilla…send prayers their way while you’re there!

2. Erinn says:

I’m really excited for all of you! Have a great trip.

Godspeed!! I’ll be checking in often.

4. Marcile says:

I can’t believe I didn’t catch those vibes sitting behind you this morning! Blessings and joy as you go.
    Love to you all.

5. Joy says:

What wonderful news!!!!! May God bless all of you on your journey toward your growing family! 🙂

Congrats to everyone! What an exciting adventure for Quinn and your entire family. I hope you have a wonderful trip to meet your newest grands! 🙂

7. Cindy says:

Blessing on you and prayers for you. I am so happy for you, What a great adventure that is about to begin.

8. Heather says:

Incredible Sherry. I will keep you all in prayers for a smooth transition for all.

9. Dave Schick says:

Give our love to Quinn and Dusty – the great adventure begins!!

10. mona says:

I’m so excited for all of you it will be neat having more in the familiy. My prayers are with you and I thank the Lord everyday for people like Dusty and Quinn who can make a childs or children lives better.