one good thing

I can think of one good thing about the election result.

I would love to be wrong about everything else and will try to keep an open mind about what happens next.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to one good thing

1. Q. says:

Ditto, dear mama…

2. Paula Hampton says:

I’m really sorry, Sherry, that there’s only one good thing you can find in the outcome to this election. Seriously. But I love you and will continue to be your friend no matter what.

3. Sherry says:

Paula, if I based my friendships on political leanings, I would be left with maybe one or two, at least on this side of the country. I’m glad you’re willing to remain my friend, even with our differences.

4. Gil says:

I think you will see some very positive results. I think that many of us have no idea of what this means in terms of race relations in the US. I grew up in some of the worst neighborhoods in NYC and Philadelphia, and having an African-American president will do more to bring about healing than just about anything else I can think of. I think that God has blessed us with a good man as president-elect.

5. Tracy says:

I heard an interview this morning that I thought was interesting. The main point was that Dr. Martin Luther King wanted us to be judged by our content, not by the color of our skin (not in those exact words). It seems that the opposite happened last night. My feeling is that if you voted on content…we would have a different result this morning. There is no question about character, leadership and experience when you describe John McCain. Can the same be said of our winner? We have no idea…but we shall see. Given the situation we find our country in today, can we afford to HOPE we have a qualified person in the job? Oh my…aren’t you glad I logged on this morning???? 🙂

Sherry, I concur….Tracy, I concur. It was heartwarming to see the total total devotion and hope on people’s faces….and scary at the same time. Blind idealism? We shall see.

7. Kay says:

Tomorrow I will look toward the future, but today I am sad!

8. Joy says:

Sheri, please listen to this youtube by John Piper! God is sovereign. Our confidence in the future IS NOT based on whoever gets elected. This brings it right down to how we should think.

9. Frank says:

Very provocative. I like it. We need not panic. I believe this is an opportunity. Believers should focus on prayer for our country and our leaders, and being all that God has called us to be (and not to be..which is sometimes full of unmerited fear and sometimes subtle/not so subtel racism). We want harmony and unity. I saw more faces of different colors in the Chicago crowd last night, and more people together celebrating as one than at most any other event (and that includes church). What a challenge, and an opportunity…one way or the other, no matter what your political leaning is. Seize the day, and pray. God is good.

10. Julene says:

Voting “present” won’t be tolerable any longer! That’s a good thing and he will understand why. I agree with Joy…we can pray more and watch what unfolds.

Have a good week..what’s left of it.

11. Betty says:

Sherry,
    I had no idea you shared my views, and you’ll note that I liked you without this knowledge!! Some of our family didn’t follow the family political orientation. Just one of those things that happens when they think for themselves. You know how it is. We’re family.
    That’s why I think we need to trust the sovereignty of our Lord instead or our political leaderss.
    Betty C.

12. Jeff A says:

Sherry I know how you feel, and my family knows that I know how you feel. I agree with Betty, and I know that God’s will was done with this election.